Who We Are
The National Grange, founded in 1867, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, fraternal organization that advocates for rural America and agriculture. With a strong history in grassroots activism, family values and community service, the Grange is part of more than 2,100 hometowns across the United States. The Grange is the first national organization to give full voice and vote to women, 50 years before Congress adopted the same.
Our passionate style of grassroots vigor has ensured that the average citizen is fully represented in public policy dialogue for nearly 150 years. Family and community are the foundations of the National Grange. Traditional family values are promoted, taught and woven into Grange activities and events.
We are proud to have all generations come together to learn from one another and build a stronger America, one community at a time.
Personal Benefits of Grange Membership
- Friendship – A key component of the Grange is the friendship that develops among the members.
- Fun – Grange members make every activity or task fun. Taking part in Grange activities are a highlight in the lives of our members.
- Networking – Our circle of acquaintances grows and members find that other Grangers can assist them in learning new skills, completing difficult tasks, and even offer career or job assistance.
- Leadership Skills – Each member has the opportunity to learn and develop leadership skills that will benefit them in all aspects of life. Effective communication, participating in and leading a meeting, being part of and leading a team are just a few of the skills members acquire in the Grange.
- Opportunity to Make a Difference – Each member is empowered to initiate action that will make membership a richer experience and to meet the needs of the community. Grange initiated service and legislative projects better the hometowns of America everyday.
- You may just live longer! – Studies have shown that people who socialize with others and do volunteer work live longer and healthier.
- Togetherness – The Grange is a place for the entire family. Meetings and activities are open to all ages. The Grange has always met together in a family atmosphere where everyone is equal.